Terms of Service (Individual)
Article 1: Applicability
- This Agreement stipulates the rights and obligations that arise for and between the Company and users ("Registered Users") of the Service (defined in Article 2) and shall apply to all use of the Service between Registered Users and the Company.
- The rules and other regulations that the Company posts to the web site (defined in Article 2) at any time shall be interpreted to form a part of this Agreement.
- In the event of any inconsistency between the terms of this Agreement and other descriptions of the Service found in the rules of the preceding clause or other covenants, this Agreement shall prevail.
Article 2: Terms
When used in this Agreement, the following terminology and expressions shall have the meanings defined below:
- "Corporate member" refers to an individual member (defined in item 2) that registers as a corporate member of a registered company as stipulated in Article 4, Clause 1.
- "Individual member" refers to an individual who registers as a user of the Service per Article 3.
- "Intellectual property rights" refers to copyright, patent rights, utility model rights, trademarks, design rights, and other intellectual property rights (including but not limited to the acquisition of said rights or other rights registered or filed for in connection with the same).
- "Affiliated administrative scriveners" refers to administrative scriveners’ offices, and administrative scriveners affiliated with said offices, with whom the Company contracts.
- "Web site" or "the web site" refers to the web site operated by the Company at the domain "onevisa.jp" (includes cases where the Company web site and/or domain is changed, irrespective of the reasons therefor).
- "Registered company" refers to a corporation registered as a user of the Service (defined in item 12) per the provisions stipulated by the Company.
- "Prospective User" refers to a Prospective User as defined in Article 3.
- "Registered Information" refers to the Registered Information as defined n Article 3.
- "Registered User" collectively refers to individual members and corporate members.
- "Status of Residence Application Documents" refers to the "Status of Residence Application Documents" as defined in Article 6, Clause 1.
- "Service" refers to the service provided by the Company under the name "one visa" for the generation and management of status of residence application documents (includes where the name or nature of the service is changed, irrespective the reason therefor). The Service is a cloud-based service designed to assist in the filing for and management of applications for status of residence for foreign employees. The Service primarily operates through a web browser and involves generating Status of Residence Application Documents and managing the period of stay of foreign employees. Through this Service, the Company does not provide proxy filing for Status of Residence Application Documents as defined in the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act and Ordinance for Enforcement of the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act (collectively hereafter, "Immigration Control Acts"). Where provision of the service requires performance of proxy filing as stipulated in the Immigration Control Acts, the registered company may be required to order said service through an affiliated administrative scrivener with whom the Company contracts.
Article 3: Individual member registration
- Parties seeking to use the Service ("Prospective Users") can file for registration with the Company for use of the Service by consenting to this Agreement and providing to the Company the information it stipulates ("Registered Information") by methods the Company stipulates.
- Filing for registration for the Service must be made by the individual intending to use the Service. As a rule, proxy registration and filing shall not be permitted. Prospective Users shall provide to the Company truthful, accurate, and current information as concerns the filing.
Where any of the items below apply to a person filing for registration per Clause 1 above, the Company reserves the right to refuse registration.
- Where the Company deems a party at risk of violating this Agreement;
- Where Registered Information provided to the Company, whether in whole or in part, was falsified, incorrect, or missing;
- Where the party’s registration on the Service was previously deleted or cancelled;
- Where the user is a minor, an adult ward, or person subject to legal conservatorship or limited guardianship and has not obtained the consent of a legal representative, guardian, or conservator;
- Where the Company deems the user to be an anti-social force (organized crime group or the member thereof, right-wing organization or the member thereof, anti-social or criminal force, or other equivalent parties and applicable mutatis mutandis hereafter), contributing to or collaborating with the maintenance or operation of an anti-social force through contribution of monies or other assets, or otherwise engaging with an anti-social force;
- Other causes the Company has reasonable grounds to deem unsuitable for registration.
- Where any of the preceding items apply, the Company reserves the right to refuse registration or re-registration. The Company shall bear no duty to disclose the reasons for refusal.
- The Company follows the terms of the preceding clause and other Company guidelines to render a decision on the suitability of registration of the Prospective User; where the Company approves said registration, the Prospective User shall be notified. The notification above shall constitute completion of registration as an individual member by the Prospective User and entry into an agreement on use of the Service ("Agreement") per the provisions herein between the individual member and the Company.
- Where there are any changes to an individual member’s Registered Information, the member shall promptly notify the Company of the changes by the method the Company stipulates and submit any additional documentation requested by the Company.
Article 4: Corporate member registration
- Individual members consenting to register as corporate members of a registered company on the Service shall be registered as the same. In said case, the Registered User shall be deemed to have consented to conduct residency status filing procedures through the registered company with whom they are affiliated, and that the registered company will, in connection with use of the Service, provide the individual’s information to applicable registered companies.
- While a corporate member is engaged in work at a registered company, the corporate member’s account and registered company’s account shall be linked, with information stipulated by the Company shared between the accounts.
- While a corporate member is engaged in work at a registered company, the member shall only use the Service through the registered company.
- Where a corporate member resigns from or leaves a registered company, the member shall promptly register as having resigned from the company in question, doing so by the methods stipulated by the Company. Following registration as a resignee above, the member reserves the right to use the Service as an individual member while this Agreement is in effect in compliance with this Agreement and per methods stipulated by the Company.
Article 5: Use of the Service
- While this Agreement is in effect, individual members shall use the Service in compliance with this Agreement and per the methods stipulated by the Company. The Company reserves the right to change the content of the Service at any time. Registered Users shall raise no objection to said changes to the Service.
- In order to use the Service, Registered Users shall obtain at their sole liability and expense all applicable equipment and infrastructure (including but not limited to Internet connections, computers and other hardware, and web browsers and other software). The Company waives any liability for provision or preparation of the above.
Article 6: Input of information
- Through the Service, Registered Users reserve the right to enter information stipulated by the Company in order to create status of residence application documents ("Status of Residence Application Documents") required for the Registered User’s engaging in work at a company. However, where the Registered User has a criminal record or does not have a college education or higher (college education shall be deemed to include those currently enrolled and expected to graduate in the near future), or other grounds the Company deems as unfit for work at a company, the Registered User shall not be able to use the Service.
- Registered Users shall not cancel a request for status of residence filing after having made it.
Article 7: Account management
- The Registered User shall store and manage its IDs and passwords (collectively, "Account Information") associated with the Service at its sole discretion and liability and shall not change the name thereof or sell, loan, or transfer these to third parties, or allow third parties to use them.
- The Company waives all liability for damages sustained by users due to cases that include but are not limited to improper management, improper use, leak, or use or theft of Account Information by third parties. The Registered User of that information shall bear sole liability.
- Where a Registered User’s Account Information is stolen or found to have been stolen or used by a third party, the user shall contact the Company immediately and report said fact, following instructions given therefrom.
Article 8: Prohibitions
In using the service, Registered Users shall not engage in any of the acts below.
- Infringing on the intellectual property rights, right to likeness, right to privacy, or the honor or other rights or interests of the Company, other Registered Users or registered companies, or other third parties (includes both direct and indirect damages);
- Acts related to criminal activity or violating public order and morals;
- Transmitting or sending false information;
- Supporting, assisting, or abetting illegal employment or unauthorized acquisition of status of residence by a corporate member;
- Violation of applicable laws or internal regulations of the industry with which the Registered User is affiliated;
- Distributing data containing harmful computer programs, including but not limited to computer viruses;
- Altering and/or deleting information usable on the service;
- Impersonating third parties;
- Transmitting data on or through the Service that exceeds the limits specified by the Company;
- Causing undue load on the networks, systems, and other infrastructure of the Service;
- Acts that may interfere with the Company’s operation of the Service;
- Other acts the Company deems inappropriate.
- Where the Company deems that any of the above items apply to information submitted by a Registered User on the Service, or that there is a risk of the same, the Company reserves the right to delete the information in whole or in part, without prior notification to the Registered User. The Company waives all liability for damages sustained by the Registered User in connection with measures taken per the terms of this clause.
Article 9: Suspension of Service
Where any of the below apply, the Company reserves the right to suspend, whether in whole or in part and without prior notice, provision of the service to the Registered User.
- Where performing periodic maintenance and/or inspections of the computer systems used for the service;
- Where computer or network failure causes suspension of the Service;
- Where a fire, natural disaster, power outage, or force majeure renders continued operation of the service impossible;
- Where provision of the Service is rendered impossible by legal order or other regulations;
- Any other cases the Company deems as grounds for temporary suspension or stoppage.
- The Company may terminate the provision of the service at its sole convenience and discretion. In said case, the Company shall notify Registered Users in advance.
- The Company waives all liability for damages sustained by Registered Users in connection with measures taken per the terms of this article.
Article 10: Preparation of equipment/infrastructure
- Registered Users shall obtain, prepare, and maintain at their sole expense and liability all necessary equipment and infrastructure necessary for use of the Service, including but not limited to computers, software, other equipment, and telecommunications and Internet connections.
- Registered Users shall employ at their sole expense and liability security measures to protect against infection from computer viruses, unauthorized access, leak of information, and other adverse events arising from use of the Service.
- Even where the Company retains for a given period of time messages and other information sent or transmitted by a Registered User, the Company shall not bear any obligation or duty for said retention. The Company reserves the right to delete this information at will. The Company waives all liability for damages sustained by the Registered User in connection with deletion of said information.
- Where, when beginning to use, or during use of, the Service, a Registered User installs software or other tools provided by download or other format from the Company web site on its computer or other device, the Registered User shall take due care to prevent the loss or change of the Registered User’s data or damage or malfunction to its equipment. The Company waives all liability for damages sustained by the Registered User in connection with the above.
Article 11: Vesting
- The property rights (including intellectual property rights) of and relating to the Company web site and Service vest with the Company and its licensees. License to use the Service per registration as defined herein does not imply authorization to use and/or assign or transfer the intellectual copyrights of the Company or its licensees pertaining to the website and Service. Registered Users shall under no circumstances engage in acts that would infringe on the intellectual property rights, copyrights, or other rights or the Company or its licensees, including but not limited to disassembling, decompiling, and reverse engineering.
Article 12: Cancellation of registration
Where any of the below apply to a Registered User, the Company reserves the right to, without prior notice, suspend provision of use of the Service to the Registered User and/or terminate the Registered User’s registration.
- Violation of any of the provisions of this Agreement;
- Where information registered is found to be falsified;
- Where using, or attempting to use, the Service in a way or for a purpose that would cause damages to the Company, other Registered Users, registered companies, or other third parties;
- Where the Registered User is deported from Japan per the stipulations of the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act;
- Where interfering with or obstructing the operation of the service, irrespective the method;
- Where subject to suspension of payment or in arrears, or where subject to bankruptcy, civil rehabilitation, corporate reorganization proceedings, special liquidation, or a filing for commencement of any of the same;
- Where a bill or check that one has issued or received is dishonored, or where subject to suspension of trading by a clearing house or other equivalent measure;
- Where subject to an injunction, provisional injunction, compulsory execution, or disposition at auction;
- Where in arrears on public taxes;
- Where the party die or is subject to a judgment of guardianship, conservatorship, or assistance;
- Where the party has not used the Service for 24 months or more and has not responded to communication from the Company;
- Cases where any of the items in Article 3, Clause 3 apply;
- Other cases where the Company has reasonable grounds to deem the user unfit to continue registration as a Registered User.
- Where any of the preceding items apply to a Registered User, the registered company forfeits all benefit of time in paying outstanding liabilities and shall immediately pay them in full to the Company.
- The Company and Registered User reserve the right to terminate the Registered User’s registration by notifying the other party by at least fifteen days prior to the desired date of termination by a method stipulated by the Company, with the termination taking effect on the last day of the month belonging to the month in which fifteen days have elapsed from giving notice.
- The Company waives all liability for damages sustained by the Registered User in connection with measures taken by the Company per the terms of this article.
- Where a Registered User’s registration is cancelled per the terms of this Article, the Registered User shall follow the Company’s instructions to return, discard, or otherwise dispose of software, manuals, instructions, and other applicable items received from the Company in connection with the Service.
Article 13: Withdrawal
- Registered Users reserve the right to withdraw from the Service and annul their user registration by notifying the Company by the means it specifies. However, where there is an ongoing order for proxy filing of status of residence documents, the Company reserves the right to terminate the Registered User’s registration effective the completion of said order. The Company waives all liability for damages sustained by Registered Users in connection with measures taken by the Company per the terms of this clause.
- Where a user has outstanding liabilities to the Company at the time of withdrawal, the Registered User forfeits all benefit of time in paying said liabilities and shall immediately pay them in full to the Company.
Article 14: Disclaimer of warranties and exemption from liability
- This Service is designed to assist Registered Users in obtaining status of residence for engaging in work at a company. The Company makes no warranties as regards the outcomes therein, including but not limited to issuance or non-issuance of status of residence for Status of Residence Application Documents created based on information input by the Registered User, or Status of Residence Application Documents created by an administrative scrivener based on information provided by a Registered User.
- Even where a Registered User obtains, whether directly or indirectly from the Company, any information, including but not limited to that about the Service, the Company web site, or other Registered Users, the Company makes no warranties beyond those expressly stipulated in this agreement.
- Registered Users shall investigate at their own responsibility and expense whether use of the Service complies with laws, regulations, and statutes that apply to the Registered User, and complies with internal industry regulations and other restrictions. The Company makes no warranties as to the legality or legal compliance of use of the Service by a Registered User for selfsame Registered User.
- The Company waives all liability for transactions, communication, and disputes arising between Registered Users and/or third parties in connection with the Service and Company web site, and all such transactions, communication, and disputes shall be resolved at the sole discretion of the Registered Users in question.
- Where the Company suspends, terminates, or ends or provision of the Service, renders it unusable or changes it, deletes or loses messages or other information of Registered Users, the data registered on the Service through use of the same is lost, devices implicated in operation of the service are damaged or malfunction, or Registered Users otherwise sustain damages connected with use of the Service, the Company waives all liability for damages.
- Where Status of Residence Application Documents are sent to the Company or administrative scrivener from a registered company or Registered Users, the Company waives all liability for damages to the Registered User caused from damage or loss to said Status of Residence Application Documents.
- Even where the Company web site links to other web sites or is linked to from other web sites, the Company waives all liability for the content of other web sites and the information obtained therefrom, irrespective the reasons.
- The Company waives all liability for damages sustained by Registered Users in connection with the Service.
Article 15: Liability of Registered Users
- Registered Users shall indemnify the Company for damages caused from violation of this Agreement or use of the service.
- Where a Registered User is subject to a complaint from another Registered User, registered company, or third party as concerns the Service, or is involved in a dispute with any of the parties above, the Registered User shall promptly notify the Company as to the nature of the dispute or complaint and resolve the dispute or complaint at the Registered User’s sole liability and expense, reporting the progress and results of the event to the Company where requested to do so.
- Where, pursuant to a Registered User’s use of the Service, the Company is subject to a claim or demand from another Registered User or third party concerning infringement on rights, the Registered User in question shall pay to the Company the amount the latter incurred n paying the third party for the claim or demand.
Article 16: Confidentiality
- "Confidential information" as referred to in this Agreement refers to information obtained by a Registered User in connection with this Agreement and/or the service and includes but is not limited to technical, sales, business, financial, organization, and other information of the Company and provided or disclosed by the Company, or otherwise obtained by the Registered User, whether in writing, orally, or through recorded media or other formats. However, confidential information shall not include: 1) Information that is already public at the time it is provided or disclosed by the company, or otherwise obtained; 2) Information that is made public for causes imputable to the party after it is provided or disclosed by the company, or otherwise obtained; 3) Information lawfully obtained and the disclosure or provision of which is not subject to confidentiality agreements with third parties; 4) Information independent of confidential information; and 5) Information for which written consent from the Company has been obtained indicating that confidentiality is not required.
- Registered Users shall use confidential information solely for the purposes of using the Service and shall not disclose, provide, or leak said information to third parties without written consent from the Company.
- The terms of Clause 2 notwithstanding, Registered Users reserve the right to disclose confidential information where ordered to or required by law, a court, or an administrative organ. Where there is an order or request as per the above, the Registered User shall immediately notify the Company of said fact.
- Where duplicating or copying documents, printed matter, or recording media containing confidential information, Registered Users shall obtain prior written consent from the Company and comply with the provisions of Clause 2 as concern the handling and management of said copies.
- Where requested by the Company at any time, Registered Users shall follow the Company’s instructions without delay to return and/or dispose of confidential information, documents containing or listing confidential information, and any and all other recording media containing confidential information.
Article 17: Use of personal information
- The Company reserves the right to use or publish, at its sole discretion and in an anonymized and statistical format, information and data provided by Registered Users to the Company. Registered Users and registered companies shall consent to the provision above.
Article 18: Term of contract
This Agreement shall take effect on the day on which a Registered Users completes registration per Article 3 and remain in effect until the day on which the Registered User cancels registration or the Service stops being provided, whichever is sooner.
Article 19: Changes to Agreement
- The Company reserves the right to change the nature of the Service at any time.
- The Company reserves the right to change this Agreement (includes but is not limited to rules and terms pertaining to the service and posted on the web site, and applies mutatis mutandis in this clause). Where making amendments to this agreement, the Company shall notify Registered Users by e-mail of said changes. A Registered User continuing to make use of the Service after submission of said e-mail or not performing the registration cancellation procedures within the applicable period of time stipulated by the Company shall be deemed to have consented to the changes therein.
Article 20: Contact and notification
Messages and/or notification from Registered Users to the Company, including but not limited to service inquiries, and messages and/or notification from the Company to Registered Users, including but not limited to notifications about changes to this Agreement, shall be conducted by a method stipulated by the Company.
Article 21: Assignment of Agreement
- Registered Users shall not transfer, pledge, assign, or provide to third parties, or otherwise dispose of, their rights, duties, and position per this Agreement without prior consent in writing from the Company.
Article 22: Entire agreement
This Agreement shall constitute entire agreement between the Company and Registered Users as concerns the matters stipulated herein, and shall prevail over prior warranties, agreements, or covenants made between the Company and Registered Users, irrespective of whether orally or in writing.
Article 23: Severability
Even where an article or clause, or a part thereof, of this Agreement is rendered invalid or unenforceable by the Consumer Contract Act or other laws, the remaining stipulations, and the remaining parts of the article or clause a section of which was rendered invalid or unenforceable, persist fully in effect. As parties to this Agreement, the Company and Registered User shall revise it within the scope necessary to restore the affected article, clause, or section thereof to validity and endeavor to achieve, through said revision, the same legal and economic effects and implications of the original item.
Article 24: Survival of terms
The provisions of Article 7, Clause 2; Article 8, Clause 2; Article 9, Clause 3; Articles 10 through 11; Article 12, Clauses 2, 4, and 5; Articles 14 through 16, and Articles 21 through 25 shall prevail even after this Agreement concludes. However, the provisions of Article 16 shall persist for one year after the conclusion of this Agreement.
Article 25: Governing law and court of jurisdiction
This Agreement is based on the law of Japan. All disputes concerning this Agreement shall be adjudicated at the Tokyo district court as the exclusive court of first jurisdiction.
Article 26: Deliberation/resolution
In the event of issues concerning the interpretation of, or disputes over, this Agreement or matters not stipulated herein, both parties shall collaborate in good faith in order to immediately resolve the issue.
If there is a difference between the English translation and the terms of the Japanese the Japanese convention is prioritized.
History of changes
- May 9, 2017: Established
- May 9, 2018: Updated
- April 1, 2019: Updated